Importance of Oxygen in Inspired Air for Proper Respiratory System Functioning

What is the percentage of oxygen in inspired air?

0.21

The percentage of oxygen in inspired air is approximately 21%. This means that out of every 100 molecules of gas in the air we breathe, 21 of them are oxygen molecules. The remaining 79% is mainly made up of nitrogen gas, with small amounts of other gases such as carbon dioxide and noble gases. The level of oxygen in inspired air is important for the respiratory system as it allows the body to absorb enough oxygen to meet its metabolic demands and function properly.

More Answers:

Average Concentration of Carbon Dioxide in Expired Air: Factors Influencing the Percentage and Potential Health Implications
Exchange of Gases during Respiration: The Decrease in Oxygen Concentration in Expired Air Explained
Role of Carbon Dioxide in the Air We Breathe

Error 403 The request cannot be completed because you have exceeded your quota. : quotaExceeded

Share:

Recent Posts

Don't Miss Out! Sign Up Now!

Sign up now to get started for free!